Chronic Disease Management
- Angina and heart disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
The practice nurses see patients for the prevention, monitoring and controlling of these conditions.
- Dressings Removal of sutures
- Dressing wounds
- Management of leg ulcers
- Injections And Immunisations
- Administering routine childhood immunisations
- Routine adult immunisation
- Travel vaccination - advise and administer
- Smoking Cessation Advice and support for patients wishing to stop smoking.
- Dietary Advice
- Patients wishing to lose weight; specialist dietary needs of patients (ie diabetic patients).
- Ears Syringing and aural care.
This is a simple test, usually carried out by specially trained nurses. The Practice recommends that all women should have a smear test every three years at which time you will be sent a reminder. If for any reason your smear is abnormal, you will automatically be sent an appointment for the colposcopy clinic. Swabs Carried out by trained practice nurses before the fitting of coils. Family Planning Will discuss all options available to male and female patients.
Teenagers and young people can talk confidentially to a nurse on all aspects of sexual health. Menopause Talk about the options available.
Health Care Assistants
The Practice employs health care assistants who, under the guidance of the practice nurses, can provide the following services:
- Blood tests
- Blood pressure checks
- New patient health checks
- ECG/heart traces